Tuna steaks with sesame crust
- Preparation 12 min
- Cooking 1 min
- Servings 2
- Freezing I do not suggest
These tuna steaks with sesame crust will throw your guests on the floor. Super simple and quick to prepare! Serve with some hot sake!
- 2 big tuna steaks about 250g, lukewarm and sushi quality
- Juice of half a lime
- 4 drops toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Salt and ground pepper
- About 1/2 cup roasted sesame seeds ( or more )
- About 3 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- Tamari soya sauce
- In a bowl, combine the lime juice with the sesame oil and honey then season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Place the tuna steaks in a wide container and pour the mix over them. Flip to coat well. Set aside on counter for 10 minutes maximum.
- In a big plate, pour all the sesame seeds and place the steaks on top. Generously coat the tune with sesame seeds and don’t forget the sides!
- In a non stick pan heated at medium-high, pour the peanut oil and wait 1 minute. Cook the tuna for 30 seconds on each sides then remove from pan immediately. Let cool down 3 minutes before cutting in thin slices.
- Garnish with scallions and serve with Tamari soya sauce for dipping!
***Note : to heat up your sake, simply put the bottle in boiling water, cap on, until the sake level rises up until the base of the cap! Keep warm at low temperature after that. DO NOT bring sake to a boil otherwise it will turn sour!