Goat cheese, mushrooms and caramelised onions pizza
- Preparation 10 min
- Cooking 30 min
- Servings 1 medium pizza
- Freezing I do not suggest
- 1 fresh pizza dough
- Butter or margarine
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- 1 big Vidalia onion cut in half, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 portobellos mushrooms, sliced
- About 227g shiitake mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- About 227g oyster mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- A big handful of fresh origano, coarsely chopped
- About 200g unripened goat cheese
- A small handful of fresh aragula
- Spicy olive oil from Pacini™ ( optional )
- Salt and ground pepper
- Preheat the oven at 500°F.
- Roll dough and put on a cooking pan greased with butter or margarine. You can also use a pizza stone or a screen to cook it.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil on the pizza ( about 2 tablespoons ) and spread evenly, even on the side crust! Sprinkle the dough with garlic salt.
- In a pan at medium-low heat, caramelize the onions in a good drizzle of olive oil for about 10-12 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar mid cooking and stir. Remove from heat and set aside. Onions should not color! If they do, lower heat.
- Meanwhile, cook those mushrooms! In a pan at medium heat, melt butter and add the mushrooms along with half of the fresh origano. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Crank heat to max and cook mushrooms for about 4-5 minutes or until mushrooms get a nice charred color. Stir often! Remove from heat and stir in the rest of the origano. Set aside.
- Spead the onions on the pizza then add the mushrooms mix all over the place. Cover everything with the goat cheese and cook in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden. Serve the pizza with some fresh aragula on top and drizzle some spicy oil on top, if desired!