Cajun pork stew with beer
- Preparation 35 min
- Cooking 2 h 30 min
- Servings 6
- Freezing Absolutely
This Cajun pork stew with beer is the second recipe of the dossier for Unibroue and their new liquid Ce n’est pas La Fin du Monde ! Beer, pork, paprika, tomatoes… The flavours are incredible! #collaboration #unibroue #miam #detachetaceinture
- Olive oil
- 1 kg pork tenderloin, fat removed, cubed
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 4 Nantes carrots, cut in 4 lengthwise and sliced
- 2 cups Ce N’est Pas La Fin du Monde beer by Unibroue
- 1 796 ml can diced tomatoes with Italian spices
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 tablespoons. dried rosemary
- 4 to 6 dashes Tabasco
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup white beans
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- Chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- In a large casserole dish heated over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and brown the pork on all sides for 7 to 8 minutes, a small amount at a time. Add more oil as needed. Reserve the meat on a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add the onion and garlic, then add a drizzle of olive oil. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the celery, carrots and a drizzle of olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the beer and scrape the bottom to get all the flavours.
- With the exception of the beans and peppers, add the rest of the ingredients and the meat and season generously with salt and pepper. Mix well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans and peppers then mix well. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over basmati rice and garnish with fresh parsley!