Pulled pork tenderloin pizza
- Preparation 15 min
- Cooking 3 h 25 min
- Servings 2 medium pizzas
- Freezing Absolutely
Yes, a pulled pork tenderloin is very good! On the other hand, the meat is lean so it is important to have it braised in a sweet and liquid sauce. Then we throw everything on a legendary pizza with bacon, onions and BBQ sauce. The kind of food that speaks to me…!
Ingredients for the pork
- 1 pork tenderloin of 425 g
- Olive oil
- 4 cups Dr. Pepper
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce of your choice
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- About 3 cups water
- Salt and pepper from the mill
Ingredients for the pizzas
- 900 g homemade pizza dough, separated in two
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- 4 tablespoons BBQ sauce of your choice
- About 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 6 bacon slices cooked crispy, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a casserole dish over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and sear the pork tenderloin on all sides, about 7-8 minutes in total. Season with salt and pepper generously.
- Add Dr. Pepper, BBQ sauce, paprika, garlic and onion powder and mix. Add enough water to almost cover the pork and bring to a boil. Cover, place in the oven and cook for 3 hours, basting occasionally. Remove the meat from the casserole, pull apart and chop. Set aside.
- On a floured work surface, roll down the pizza dough and place on the baking sheets. Sprinkle with a thin stream of olive oil and spread well. Sprinkle with garlic salt to taste.
- Spread 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce on each pizza and divide half of the cheese.
- Add the pulled pork followed by onions, bacon pieces and remaining cheese. Pepper to taste and place in the oven. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is cooked and cheese golden !