Warm salad of the vikings
- Preparation 20 min
- Cooking 30 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing I do not suggest
- 8 thick slices of bacon, cut in big rectangular strips
- 4 cups of baby potatoes ( 1.5lbs), sliced in half
- 1 spanish onion, coarsly chopped
- 2 cups green beans (320g), cleaned, hulled and cut in half
- Olive oil
- Salt and ground pepper
- In a big sauce pan, bring a big quantity of water to a boil and cook the potatoes for about 6-7 minutes. They must be cooked but still be firm. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan at medium temperature and cook the bacon for about 8-10 minutes or until lightly crispy. Drain 3/4 of the fat.
- Add the potatoes, the onions and a drizzle of olive and cook for 5 minutes. Stir often.
- Add the green beans and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until they are cooked but still crunchy. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Remove from heat and set aside, covered, for about 5 minutes before serving!