Vegetarian bolognese spaghetti sauce
- Preparation 30 min
- Cooking 1 h 30 min
- Servings 10
- Freezing Absolutely
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 2 large carrots, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 454 g extra-firm tofu grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tub (142 g) baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2x 769 ml cans diced tomatoes with Italian spices
- 2 x 680 ml cans Hunts sauce with tomatoes, onions, fine herbs and spices
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 227 g white mushrooms, cut in half
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- In a large Dutch oven heated over medium heat, place the onion and garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Cook stirring 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the celery and carrots, add a good drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the tofu, Italian spices and thyme then mix. Cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the spinach and zucchini then season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Except for the mushrooms, add the rest of the ingredients, season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, uncovered. Stir from time to time.
- Add the mushrooms, mix and cook for 15 minutes!