Bolognese sauce with Don de Dieu beer
- Preparation 15 min
- Cooking 25 min
- Servings 10 cups
- Freezing Absolutely
This bolognese sauce with Don de Dieu beer is another must in your kitchen! The beer adds a nice punch that I really dig. It’s not too complicated and long to prepare and makes a big batch so that you can freeze some!
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt and ground pepper
- 2 big carrots, diced
- 450g ground pork
- 2 italian sausages chorizo flavored, cut in big chunks
- 1/2 cup Don de Dieu beer from Unibroue
- 1 can ( 398ml ) Hunts fine herbs and onions tomato sauce
- 1 can( 156ml ) fine berbs tomate paste/span>
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch dried hot peppers
- 1/2 pack ( 110g ) white mushrooms, halved
- 1/4 cup 15% countrycream
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan, grated
- In a big sauce pan at medium heat, add the onion, garlic and carrots with a drizzle of olive oil then stir well. Cook for about 7-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper. Stir often.
- Add the meat and cook for 6-7 minutes until meat is slightly pink. Break in small pieces and drain off fat. Deglaze with the beer, season with salt and pepper again then stir well.
- Add the tomato cans, nutmeg, hot peppers and mushrooms then stir well. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cheese and cream then stir well. Cook for another 2 minutes and your good to go!
***Trick : I simply ADORE eating this sauce with fresh pastas like tagliatelles or papardelles! I really suggest adding a bit of cooking water to dilute that sauce. My trick, I just put my pasta in a big skillet at medium heat then I pour a good quantity of sauce on top. I add 1/4 cup of cooking water then I stir while cooking for a couple of minutes until pasta are nicely coated!