Tortillas pizza de la muerte
- Preparation 30 min
- Cooking 32 min
- Servings 4 to 6
- Freezing Absolutely
Thank you Pinterest for this tortillas pizza de la muerte ! Nothing simpler and especially ultra easy to modify to fit to your taste ! My girlfriend and I literally fell in love. One important point, I strongly suggest serving with a light green salad in order to cut the salt present in the recipe!
- 6 big wheat tortillas
- 1 1/2 cup homemade pizza sauce
- 200g pepperoni, finely sliced
- 200g spicy capicollo, finely sliced
- 4 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 3 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 10 white mushrooms, sliced
- Dried parsley
- Preheat the oven at 400°F.
- In a 10”1/2 cast iron skillet (or in a baking dish), pour a ladle of sauce in the bottom and spread.
- Place a tortilla on the bottom and press gently. Spread another ladle of sauce on the tortilla then add a couple of slices of pepperoni and capicollo on top. Add a small handful of cheese, place another tortilla on top then press gently to compact.
- Repeat with the sauce, pepperoni and capicollo then add 1/3 of the onions and 1/3 of the mushrooms. Add another handful of cheese then place a tortilla on top, pressing gently again.
- Continue in the same pattern, adding mushrooms and onions every other layer, in order to finish with some mushrooms and onions on top. Cover in cheese then garnish with dried parsley to taste.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Crank to BROIL for 1-2 minutes until cheese is golden, if necessary! Remove from the oven and let cool down 5 minutes before eating. Serve with a green salad in order to balance the salty side of this recipe!