Super creamy fusilli tacos with smoked cheese
- Preparation 25 min
- Cooking 30 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing Absolutely
You’re going to LOVE these super creamy fusilli tacos with smoked cheese. In collaboration with Liberté Canada, I created a pasta dish using their Mediterranean Plain 10% yogurt (AKA the king of texture). This pasta is so creamy, you’re going to want to spread it all over your face! Enjoy your meal !
Add to favorites
- 200 g pancetta, diced
- Olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 650 g extra-lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 can 796 ml diced tomatoes with Italian spices
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 454 g fusilli
- 1 1/4 cups Liberté Méditerranée Plain 10% yogurt
- 2 cups grated Le Boucan cheese (or other firm smoked cheese)
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- In a large pot heated over medium-low heat, place the pancetta and add a thin drizzle of olive oil. Cook for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Add the onion and garlic and continue cooking, stirring frequently, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium high, add the ground beef and the spices then season with salt and pepper. Cook, 7 to 8 minutes, until the meat is cooked. Break up into small pieces.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the bell peppers, diced tomatoes and chicken broth then mix. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large saucepan filled with boiling salted water, cook the fusilli al dente according to package directions. Pour into a colander and drain well.
- Pour the pasta into the sauce followed by the cheese and yogurt and mix well. Cook 2 minutes to warm up.
Add to my favorites