Stuffed peppers with mushrooms, zucchinis and Italian sausages
- Preparation 15 min
- Cooking 40 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing Absolutely
What’s awesome about those stuffed peppers with mushrooms, zucchinis and italian sausages is that you can easily make 1000 variations. You can add rice, quinoa and all the veggies you want! It is also pretty easy to make it vegetarian, be inspired!
- 4 peppers of mixed colors, cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed
- Olive oil
- Salt and ground pepper
- 1 leek white part only, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups white mushroom, finely chopped
- 2 cups zucchinis, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian spices
- Meat of 6 spicy Italian sausages
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven at 400°F.
- Place the peppers in a big cooking pan, open side up, and drizzle with some olive oil. Season with salt and pepper then cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a drizle of olive in a big pan at medium temp. Add the leek and garlic then cook for 3-4 minutes while stirring often.
- Add the mushrooms, zucchinis and Italian spices along with another drizzle of olive oil then stir well. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the meat and cook for another 6-7 minutes or until cooked. Break into small chunks.
- Drain fat off, add the parmesan cheese and stir well. Remove from heat.
- Remove peppers from oven and make 2 small incisions at the base with the tip of a knife. This will allow the juice to flow out a little!
- Stuff the peppers with the incredibly good mix and cover with cheddar cheese. Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes then crank to BROIL until the cheese is nice and golden!