Stuffed bell peppers with vegetable rice and grilled BBQ chicken
- Preparation 40 min
- Cooking 50 min
- Servings 6
- Freezing I do not suggest
I had the pleasure of taking up the Exceldor Challenge, which consisted of creating a recipe with the new marinated BBQ whiskey and brown sugar chicken breasts . I had to create with cooking and presentation constraints. That’s when I had the idea of stuffing peppers with a vegetable rice and adding the BBQ grilled chicken breasts ! The result is just too perfect.
- 2 (500 g) BBQ whiskey and brown sugar marinated chicken breasts by Exceldor
- 6 large coloured bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 white mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 Italian tomato, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2-3 pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Remove the caps from the peppers and empty the inside. Remove the flesh from 4 hats and cut into cubes. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil followed by celery, onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and mix. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add chopped peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and spices then season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes while stirring.
- Add the rice and cook for 1 minute while stirring.
- Add the chicken broth and stir. Cover, bring to a boil and reduce to low heat. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until the liquid is evaporated. Stir, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the BBQ at maximum power reduce to medium power. Oil the grills.
- Throw the peppers in an aluminum plate, drizzle with a thin stream of olive oil then season with salt and pepper. Place the plate on the BBQ grills and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until the peppers are cooked but still slightly crunchy. This cooking should take the same time as the chicken so start them at the same time!
- Place the chicken breasts on the grill and cook for 2 minutes. Rotate 45 degrees and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn the breasts over and continue cooking for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 165°F. Cut into cubes, add to the rice and mix. Stuff the peppers and garnish with green onion! Serve with a fresh salad.