Rigatoni gratin with duck confit, grilled pancetta and tomato sauce
- Preparation 25 min
- Cooking 1 h 05 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing Absolutely
This rigatoni gratin with duck confit, grilled pancetta and tomato sauce will make the comforting meal you’ll need after the holidays! We love easy-to-prepare dishes that kids will want to eat! On the down side, duck confit is expensive so wait until it is in special!
Ingredients for the homemade tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 113 g shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 7 fresh tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 155 ml (5.5 oz) tomato paste
- The leaves of 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper from the mill
Ingredients for the rest
- 454g rigatoni
- 2 confit duck legs
- 200g of thickly sliced pancetta, cut into cubes
- 2 cups of grated medium cheddar cheese
- Start by preparing the tomato sauce. In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the onion, garlic and mushrooms. Brown for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, salt and pepper and mix well. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf and keep warm.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the duck legs on a baking sheet and cook for about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, shred the meat and chop. Add to sauce.
- In a large saucepan filled with salted boiling water, cook the rigatoni al dente according to package directions. Pour into a colander, drain well and add to the sauce.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the pancetta and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring, until lightly crispy. Drain the fat and add the pancetta to the sauce. Mix well and pour into a baking dish.
- Cover with medium cheddar cheese and place in the oven. Put the oven on GRILL and cook for a few minutes, until the cheese is golden on top!