Homemade marinara sauce
- Preparation 15 min
- Cooking 20 min
- Servings 2 cups
- Freezing Absolutely
Why not make your homemade marinara sauce? It’s GIGA easy to make and freezes beautifully. Your pasta will thank you!
Add to favorites
- 1/2 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 796 ml diced Italian tomatoes
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- In a small saucepan heated over medium heat, add the onion and garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, mix and cook for 1 minute. Add the white wine and mix.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, season with salt and pepper and mix. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce to a puree.
Add to my favorites