Spring rolls in lettuce leaf with grilled chicken and fresh mango
- Preparation 1 h
- Cooking 20 min
- Servings 4 to 6
- Freezing I do not suggest
I’ve always been a big fan of spring rolls, it’s so fresh and healthy! The combination of mango, grilled chicken and coriander is really good. On the other hand, be very delicate with Boston lettuce because it is very fragile. If you are like me, kind of not too patient when I’m hungry, roll it all in rice wrappers !
- 400 g chicken breasts, whole and boneless
- Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 small mangoes, diced
- 4 small radishes, thinly sliced with a mandolin
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts, rinced and well drained
- 300 g cooked rice vermicelli, rinsed in cold water and well drained, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup fresh coriander, (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 4-5 tablespoons fish sauce (Watch out for salt !!! I use Blue Dragon brand because it contains much less sodium)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3-4 Boston lettuce heads, large leaves removed and gently washed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the BBQ to maximum then reduce to medium intensity.
- Place the chicken breasts in a bowl and pour a thin stream of olive oil over it. Add the curry then season salt and pepper generously. Rub the chicken to coat.
- Place the breasts on the grills and cook for 2 minutes. Rotate 45 degrees and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Turn over the breasts and repeat: cook 2 minutes, turn 45 degrees and cook 2 minutes.
- Close one side of the BBQ grills and place the breasts on the closed side. Continue cooking over indirect heat for about 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Remove from heat, cut into small strips and let cool. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add chicken followed by remaining ingredients, except for the lettuce. Season with pepper to taste and toss well to untie knots in noodles. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Add a little mixture in the center of a large Boston lettuce leaf and gently close like a roll or tacos, to taste. Serve with my peanut sauce if desired!