Spaghetti carbonara with shrimps
- Preparation 10 min
- Cooking 15 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing Absolutely
Who doesn’t like pasta? As for me, I LOVE IT! In partnership with @BarillaCanada, I invite you to take part in the #CarbonaraChallenge to celebrate World #CarbonaraDay on April 6!!! Let’s all cook and share our most insane recipes!!! I’m inviting my friends in the challenge and show me their favourite carbonara recipe. Here is my version of carbonara with a Mediterranean twist that includes shrimps. #lecoupdegrace #BarillaCanada #ohmygod #ad
- 400 g pancetta in thick slices, diced
- Olive oil
- 454 g Barilla spaghetti
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups finely grated Romano pecorino cheese + a little for the service
- 20 large raw shrimps, peeled and tails removed
- Garlic salt
- About 1 cup of cooking water
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the pancetta followed by a thin drizzle of olive oil. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring, until the pancetta is crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pancetta and set aside in a bowl. Discard 3/4 fat from the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan filled with boiling water, cook pasta al dente following the instructions on the package. Reserve 1 cup of cooking water, pour pasta in a colander and drain. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add eggs and cheese then season with pepper. Mix and reserve.
- In the same pan as the pancetta heated over high heat, add the shrimp and season with garlic salt and pepper to taste. Cook about 2 minutes per side or until nicely pink. Add olive oil as needed. Pour pancetta and shrimps into the large saucepan.
- In the large saucepan over medium heat, add the pasta, the egg mixture, about 1/3 cup of cooking water then season generously with pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring, until the mixture thickens. Correct the texture by adding a little bit of cooking water at a time because at this stage the pasta will absorb the liquid quickly. Serve immediately and garnish with fresh pecorino!