Scampi, lobster and shrimps cannelonis with cheese sauce
- Preparation 30 min
- Cooking 30 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing Absolutely
These crayfish, lobster and shrimps cannelonis with cheese sauce are pure Hollywood material. It’s warm, creamy and so cheesy! You know, the type of meal you want to have when you return from playing outside in the snow! PLEASE treat yourself with a good white wine to go along this masterpiece. If you want the full experience, I strongly suggest you make your homemade fresh pasta!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white part leeks, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- Meat from a 454g pack of scampi tails (butterfly open and ready to cook), coarsely chopped
- 1 cup raw shrimps, peeled and tails removed, coarsely chopped
- Meat from 2 lobster tails, coarsely chopped
- Salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup 15% country style cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh parmesan, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 475g light ricotta cheese
- Leaves from 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 8 fresh cannellonis( or more, depending on their size )
- 2 1/2 cups high quality and old gruyese cheese
- In a big sauce pan at medium heat, melt the butter and add the garlic, shallot and leaks. Season with salt and pepper then cook for 3-4 minutes while stirring.
- Add the white wine and stir well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes to reduce.
- Add the seafood and cook for 5 minutes until slightly pink. Add the cream, chicken broth, parmesan and cook for another 5 minutes while stirring. Let it thicken!
- Remove from heat and add the ricotta, lemon zest and thyme leaves. Stir well and let cool down for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 400°F.
- Stuff your cannellonis and place them in a pyrex style baking dish. Cover everything with the gruyere cheese and throw in the oven for 10 minutes. Crank the heat to BROIL until cheese is nice and golden! Remove from oven and give it a 5 minutes rest before serving.