Turkey drumsticks with cranberry BBQ sauce
- Preparation 30 min
- Cooking 1 h 45 min
- Servings 3 to 4
- Freezing Absolutely
This turkey drumsticks with cranberry BBQ sauce was created in collaboration with SYNERGIE CANADA, a kick ass logistics company located in Blainville. They asked me to develop an exclusive recipe to offer a cooking box to their employees! I find the idea brilliant! #lecoupdegrace #collaboration #detachetacebite
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup red beer
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon honey Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon BBQ spices mix
- 2 turkey drumsticks (or 8 chicken drumsticks but you’ll have to adjust cooking time)
- Salt and pepper from the mill
Ingredients for the couscous
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 Nantes carrots, cut in 4 lengthwise, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian spices
- Olive oil
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth, hot
- In a medium saucepan heated over medium heat, add olive oil and then sauté onion, garlic and cranberries for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the ketchup and water then mix. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Except for the turkey, add the rest of the ingredients, season salt and pepper and mix. Continue cooking over medium heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Remove from heat and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place drumsticks on the baking sheet and brush with BBQ sauce. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the internal temperature is 74 ° C (165 ° F). Brush regularly and turn halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetable couscous. In a saucepan heated over medium heat, add the onion, garlic, carrots, Italian spices and add a good dash of olive oil. Cook for 5 minutes while stirring. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the couscous and mix. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, mix and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the couscous is cooked.