Southwest Chicken Pita
- Preparation 25 min
- Cooking 15 min
- Servings 4 to 6
- Freezing I do not suggest
A STRONG collaboration with Exceldor to showcase their new marinated products! Here, I’ve concocted deluxe pitas with Southwestern-style chicken skewers. Try it this weekend!!!
Add to favorites
Ingredients for the pitas
- 2x 320 g southwestern chicken skewers by Exceldor
- 2 or 3 pitas cut in half and delicately opened
- Sliced romaine lettuce
- Sliced of red onions
- 2 avocados diced
- About 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Preheat the BBQ to maximum power and reduce to medium power. Oil the grates. Place the skewers on the grills and cook for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from skewers and keep warm.
- In a bowl, put the ingredients for the sauce, season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Spread a little sauce in each of the pitas and add some lettuce to taste. Add a few slices of red onions, chicken chunks, avocado and lots of feta cheese.
Add to my favorites