Beef rib eyes with pepper sauce
- Preparation 15 min
- Cooking 15 min
- Servings 2
- Freezing I do not suggest
- 2 large beef T-bones
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Apple Brandy by Michel Jodoin
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons peppercorns, crushed
- 1/2 cup 15% country-style cream
- salt from the mill
- Remove the steaks out of the fridge 30 minutes before cooking to cool them down. Place on a work surface, drizzle all sides with a thin stream of olive oil and rub to coat. Season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large cast-iron skillet over high heat, cook the steaks 2 to 3 minutes per side depending on the desired doneness. Remove skillet from heat. Place the steaks on a plate, cover tightly with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Over medium heat, return the pan to the heat, deglaze with Brandy and scrape the bottom to bring out all the flavours. Cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Add beef broth and pepper and reduce by half, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cream, season with salt to taste and mix. Cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes, until the sauce has reduced and is slightly thickened. Serve over grilled steaks!