BBQ grilled cajun lobster tails
- Preparation 25 min
- Cooking 15 min
- Servings 4 to 6
- Freezing I do not suggest
A great summer recipe these BBQ grilled cajun lobster tails !!! In collaboration with Odessa Poissonier, this creation is part of a series of recipes that we will offer you! Have you ever been to Odessa? If you like fish and seafood, you will have soft legs. The freshness and the wide variety of choices will make you drool with pleasure!
Ingredients for Cajun spices
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for the rest
- 1/2 cup butter + 2 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup celery finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 6 fresh lobster tails, halved lengthwise
- Chopped fresh chive, for the service
- In a bowl, add the ingredients for the Cajun spices and mix well. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 1/2 cup butter and add onion, bell pepper and celery. Season with salt and pepper and stir. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add remaining butter, white wine followed by 2 tbsp. Cajun spices and mix. Cook 1 minute while stirring. Pour into a blender and puree. Book.
- Preheat the BBQ to maximum intensity and reduce to medium intensity. Oil the grills with vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle the flesh of the lobster tails with a some Cajun spice.
- Place the tails on the grills, flesh down, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the tails and continue cooking for 4 to 5 minutes, basting regularly with the Cajun butter, until the flesh is cooked and opaque. Serve immediately and garnish with fresh chives!