Chocolate cupcakes with truffles spread icing
- Preparation 50 min
- Cooking 20 min
- Servings 15 cupcakes
- Freezing Absolutely
I have been approached by the company Truffettes de France to create a decadent dessert using their amazing products. I have immediately thought of cupcakes because I just love these little cakes that are filled with flavors! I have stuffed them with cacao truffles and added a truffles spread icing on top. Undo your belt right now!
Ingredients for the cupcakes
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 white sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1/3 cup 5% sour cream
- 90g 72% dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/4 all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 pinches salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate milk
- About 15 cacao truffles with hazelnuts chunks from Trufettes de France
Ingredients for the icing
- 1/2 cut salted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetal shortening
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 cup truffles spread
- 5 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven at 350°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the flat beater, mix the butter and sugar at medium speed for 2-3 minutes to whiten. Scrape the sides.
- Add the rum, sour cream, chocolate and egg whites then mix for 1-2 minutes to combine. Scrape the sides once again.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add half of the mix in the stand mixer bowl then mix for 2 minutes to combine.
- Add the milk and the rest of the flour mix and beat for 1-2 minutes to obtain a smooth consistency. Do not over mix.
- Place parchment paper linings in a muffin mold then fill them 2/3 with the batter. Push a chocolate truffle in the center of each one of them then spread the cupcakes mix to cover. Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick come out dry when poked in the center of a cupcake. Let cool down entirely.
For the icing :
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the flat beater, mix the butter and shortening at medium speed for 30 seconds to combine.
- Add 2 cups icing sugar and continue beating for 1 minute to combine. Scrape the sides.
- Add the rest of the sugar along with the truffles spread and milk then mix for 1-2 minutes for a nice texture. Pour in a pastry bag and garnish the cupcakes using your inner artist skills! Decorate with decorative chocolate bits or grated chocolate!