BBQ pizza with artichoke hearts, olives and Haloumi cheese
- Preparation 2 h 30 min
- Cooking 10 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing Absolutely
Another incredible recipe created for Metro, mon épicier. This BBQ-baked pizza will surprise you with its olives, haloumi cheese, cherry tomatoes and #Irresisble artichoke hearts. A summer recipe really too perfect! Above all, do not be afraid, the pizza dough will not fall in the cracks of the grill !!! #metromonepicier
Ingredients for the dough
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons traditional active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour + a bit for kneading
- 1/2 cup durum wheat semolina
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil
- Provence herbs
- 320g Haloumi cheese (rinsed 30 seconds under cold water), diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced very finely
- 1 dry pint (551ml) grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 398ml artichoke hearts, very well drained and hard leaves removed, cut in half or in quarters
- 250ml pitted giant green olives, cut in half
- A nice handful fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Ground pepper
- Start with the pizza dough. In a bowl, add the water, sugar and yeast then mix well to dissolve. Set aside for about 6-7 minutes, a foam should form on top.
- In a large bowl, combine the semolina, flour and salt. Add the liquid preparation to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- With your hands, form a ball and knead for 5 minutes, until it is smooth and does not stick to the work surface. Add flour from time to time to make it easy.
- Form a ball and place the dough in a large bowl lightly coated with olive oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it srisewell on the counter for 1 hour.
- Remove the plastic wrap and with your fist, punch the dough to remove the air. Reform a ball. Cover and let rise for another hour.
- Remove the film then remove the air from the dough with your fist again. Separate the ball in half, flour, then roll down to obtain two medium pizzas. Set aside.
- Preheat the BBQ to maximum intensity and reduce to medium intensity.
- Thoroughly flour the top of your pizza dough and place this side directly on the hot grills. Close lid and cook for about 2 minutes, or until dough is well marked. Remove from heat and place on a wire rack.
- Preheat the BBQ at maximum intensity.
- Add a thin stream of olive oil on the grilled side and spread well with a brush. Sprinkle with Provence herbs to taste.
- Spread the Haloumi cheese, garlic, grape tomatoes, artichoke hearts, green olives and fresh basil on both pizzas. Pepper to taste.
- Close a BBQ fire and gently slide the pizzas on the closed side. Close the lid and continue cooking for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the dough is cooked and the Haloumi cheese is soft. The cubes will not melt completely and that’s normal. Cut into pieces and serve immediately!