Roasted butternut squash with bacon and goat cheese
- Preparation 25 min
- Cooking 45 min
- Servings 4
Introducing the perfect side dish, one of my favorite recipes from 2023 TO DATE. This recipe for roasted butternut squash with bacon and goat cheese is absolutely delicious!
Add to favorites
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, diced
- 10 slices bacon, cut into medium pieces
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- olive oil
- 113 g soft, unripened goat’s cheese with herbs
- Raw pumpkin seeds (the green ones)
- A small handful of Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place squash, bacon, oregano, orange juice and lemon zest in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Pour onto baking sheet, place in oven and bake for 45-55 minutes, until squash and bacon are cooked. Toss halfway through cooking.
- Pour into a large serving dish, crumble the goat cheese over the top and garnish with lots of pumpkin seeds and fresh parsley!
Add to my favorites