Grilled haloumi cheese with pesto
- Preparation 10 min
- Refrigeration 3 h
- Cooking 10 min
- Servings 4 to 6
- Freezing I do not suggest
Are you looking for a dish that will make all your guests go crazy? I have the answer for you: grilled haloumi cheese with pesto on the barbecue! This is such a delicious dish that even carnivorous vegetarians will turn into cheese eaters. Give me a “Halo-yes” for the pesto grilled haloumi!
Ingredients for the pesto
- 2 cups fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil (+ 1 tbsp. for the finish)
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 large clove of garlic, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- About 500g plain haloumi cheese
- 1 cup basil pesto
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Olive oil
- Equipment needed: Reusable grill sheet
- Put all the ingredients for the pesto in a food processor and chop until fine, then season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and mix with a spoon.
- Place the cheese in a large airtight dish and pour in the pesto. Add a thin stream of olive oil and pepper to taste. Toss gently to coat and set aside in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or better yet, overnight.
- Preheat barbecue to high and reduce to medium.
- Place the baking sheet on the grill and place the haloumi on top. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side to get a good mark. Baste with the remaining pesto non-stop! Serve immediately.