- Preparation 25 min
- Cooking 20 min
- Servings 6 to 8
- Freezing Absolutely
Are you looking for a delicious and legendary recipe to impress your guests? Look no further, cod fritters are the perfect solution! This Antillean (but modified) recipe is easy to make but full of flavor and finesse. Follow our step-by-step instructions and you will get golden and crispy fritters to your heart’s content!
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sour cream
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) mayonnaise
- The juice and zest of one lime
- 300g cod fillet
- 1 teaspoon (2.5 ml) Italian spices
- 2 small French shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- The juice and zest of one lemon
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) finely chopped Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) white flour
- 2 teaspoons (210 ml) baking powder
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
- 2 egg whites
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a bowl, put the ingredients for the sauce, salt and pepper and mix. Reserve in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the fish on it.
- Drizzle with a thin layer of olive oil, rub to spread it out and sprinkle with Italian spices. Salt and pepper.
- Put in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, finely chop (but not too much) and put in a large bowl.
- Add the shallots, garlic, lemon juice and zest, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper and mix.
- In another bowl, put the flour and baking powder, salt and pepper and mix. Pour into the fish mixture.
- Add the milk and white wine and mix until the consistency is homogeneous.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Add with the eggs and fold gently to incorporate.
- In a large pan, add about 1″ of vegetable oil and heat to 375°F.
- Gently spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture at a time into the oil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until the fritters are well browned. Drain the fritters and place on a rack with paper towels underneath. Allow the oil to return to 375°F before cooking the rest of the fritters, or they will absorb too much oil. Serve with the lime sauce!