Buffalo Chicken Salad
with Mag Mayo
- Preparation 1 h 30 min
- Cooking 55 min
- Servings 6
- Freezing I do not suggest
Another SOLID recipe in collaboration with MAG mayo, the best mayonnaise in Quebec. This Buffalo chicken salad is so tasty, you’ll freaking love it. The spices of the chicken, the spicy vinaigrette, the strips of crispy tortillas… Not a shy lunch!
- 250 g slices bacon
- 2 chicken breasts (total 250 g)
- 2 teaspoons Mexican chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- Olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, cut into large chunks
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups Santa Fe flavoured crispy tortilla strip
Ingredients for the dressing
- 1/3 cup MAG mayonnaise (the best)
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the bacon on it. Place in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes or until the bacon is crispy. Place between several sheets of paper towel and press down to remove as much fat as possible. Coarsely chop and put in a large bowl.
- On the same baking sheet, place the chicken breasts. In a bowl, put the chili, paprika, honey, Italian spices, season with salt and pepper and mix. Spread over the chicken breasts and drizzle with a thin drizzle of olive oil. Place in the oven and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Cut into cubes, let cool for 20 minutes and put in the bowl.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, pour a good drizzle of olive oil, add the corn, season with salt and pepper and mix. Cook, stirring, 7 to 8 minutes, until the corn is golden brown. Pour into a bowl, let cool for 10 minutes and put in the bowl.
- Except for the tortilla strips, add the rest of the ingredients, season with salt and pepper and mix.
- In a bowl, put the ingredients for the vinaigrette, season with salt and pepper and mix. Pour the vinaigrette (to taste) over the salad, add the tortilla strips and toss. Serve immediately!