Apple pizza with smoked Gouda, maple bacon and rosemary
- Preparation 30 min
- Cooking 20 min
- Servings 2 medium pizzas
- Freezing Absolutely
- 1 homemade pizza dough recipe
- 1 package (375g) maple bacon
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- 1 Vidalia onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 Lobo apples, thinly sliced
- 2 cups smoked Gouda cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Place the bacon slices on a large baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for about 10 minutes or until slightly crispy. Place the bacon on many paper towels and press to sponge the fat. Roughly chop then reserve.
- Preheat oven to 500 °F.
- Spread the dough in 2 medium pizzas and place on a well greased baking tray or a cooking grid.
- Add a thin drizzle of olive oil, spread everywhere (even on the crust) and sprinkle with garlic salt to taste.
- Spread the onions and bury with the mozzarella.
- Add 3/4 of the apples followed by the maple bacon and gouda. Finish with remaining apples and spread fresh rosemary on top.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 8 to 12 minutes or until the cheese is golden!