Zucchini mac and cheese
- Preparation 25 min
- Cooking 25 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing Absolutely
- 454 g fusilli
- 200 g Le Calumet Smoked cheese WITH THE CRUST, grated
- 270 g sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about 3 small), well squeezed to remove as much liquid as possible
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1 teaspoon salted herbs from Bas-du-Fleuve
- 2 cups milk
- Olive oil
- In a large saucepan filled with boiling salted water, cook the pasta al dente according to package directions. Pour into a colander, drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, put the cheeses and cornstarch then mix. Set aside.
- In the same pot heated over medium-low heat, add the onion, garlic and a drizzle of olive oil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the zucchini, paprika, Italian spices, salted herbs, a drizzle of olive oil, season with salt and pepper then mix to combine. Cook for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Add the milk and cheese then mix. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring to melt the cheese.
- Add the pasta, toss and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring to coat well!