Vietnamese style rice vermicelli salad
- Preparation 25 min
- Cooking 5 min
- Servings 4 to 6
- Freezing I do not suggest
- 250g rice vermicelli
- 2 cups bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 3 Nantes carrots, cut into short julienne strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into short julienne strips
- 3 halved radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped cashews + some for serving
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup low sodium fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. tamari soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook vermicelli according to package directions. Pour into a colander, rinse thoroughly under cold water and let drain for 5 minutes. Cut the noodles to a shorter length with a knife. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- In a bowl, add the ingredients for the dressing, add salt and pepper and mix well with a whisk. Pour over salad and toss. Garnish with cashews and serve.