Turkey meatloaf with strawberry jam and bacon
- Preparation 25 min
- Cooking 1 h
- Servings 4
- Freezing Absolutely
- 10 slices of bacon
- 8 large coffee mushrooms, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup (85 g) strawberry and basil jam Tigidou
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (21 g) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (85 g) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 g) dried basil
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and place bacon on top. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until bacon is slightly crispy. Place on paper towels and sponge the fat. Chop and reserve.
- In a skillet heated over medium-high heat, cook the mushrooms for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring, to remove the water. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil followed by shallot and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes to soften. Season with salt and pepper. Pour with mushrooms and add sauce Worcestershire. Mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the turkey, 2 tablespoons strawberry jam, eggs, bread crumbs, milk, basil, bacon pieces and mushroom mixture then season with salt and pepper. Mix well with your hands.
- Butter a 9 “x 5” (23 x 13 cm) bread pan and pour the mixture. Spread the rest of the strawberry jam on top and place in the oven. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the internal temperature is 170°F. Cover with aluminum foil if the jam caramelizes too quickly! Let stand a few minutes before slicing and serving.