Turkey and chorizo stuffed zucchinis
- Preparation 45 min
- Cooking 25 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing I do not suggest
- Olive oil
- 125g Spanish chorizo, cut in mini cubes
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 buig garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut in cubes
- 6 white mushrooms, chopped
- 500g ground turkey
- 1/4 teaspoon Provence herbs
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan, finely grated
- 5 medium zucchinis, cut in half and nicely emptied
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, grated
- Salt and ground pepper
- Preheat the oven at 400°F.
- In a skillet at medium heat, add a small drizzle of olive oil then add the chorizo. Cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring. Add onion, garlic, bell pepper then toss. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes while stirring.
- Add ground turkey, mushrooms, Provence Herbs then season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes, while breaking down meat in small chunks, until meat is no longer pink. Close fire, drain off fat then add parmesan. Toss then set aside.
- Place the zucchinis on a baking tray, open side up, then add a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper then fill with the turkey mix. Cover with cheese, place in the oven and cook for 12 minutes. Crank to broil and cook for 2 minutes until the cheese is nicely golden!