- Preparation 25 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing I do not suggest
- 500g sashimi grade red tuna (or salmon) from sustainable source, diced
- 2 tablespoon tamari soy sauce (Kikkoman)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (Nuoc mam style)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons vidalia onions finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons green apple, peeled and cut in brunoise
- 2 tablespoons scissored nori seaweed
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds + some for garnish
- 1 scallion, finely sliced
- Salt and ground pepper
- Cut the tuna in dices and reserve in fridge.
- In a bowl, pour the rest of the ingredients (except for the panko) and only 3/4 of the scallions. Season with salt and pepper then stir well. Pour on the tuna and toss well to combine. Let rest 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Split in bowl and serve with basmati rice along with fresh or marinated veggies cut in juliennes. Garnish tuna with sesame seeds, panko, scallions and sushi nori seaweed!