- Preparation 25 min
- Cooking 10 min
- Servings 6
- Freezing I do not suggest
- 1 1/2 cup medium couscous
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- Olive oil
- 1 compact cup fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers (1 1/2 cups), diced
- 4 small tomatoes, seeds removed, diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, or more to taste
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Place the regular couscous in a saucepan and add 1 1/2 cups of boiling water. Mix, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and pour into a bowl.
- In the same saucepan over medium heat, add the pearl couscous followed by a thin drizzle of olive oil. Cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add 1 1/4 cups of water (or according to package directions) and mix. Cover, bring to a boil and mix. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the liquid is all absorbed and the couscous is cooked. Pour into a colander, rinse with cold water and add to the salad bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the salad bowl, season with salt and pepper then mix. Perfect to accompany your favorite grilled meats or as a summer dinner with a baguette and a fire cheese!