Strawberry and rhubarb pudding cake
- Preparation 30 min
- Cooking 45 min
- Servings 6
- Freezing Absolutely
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- Scraped seeds from one vanilla pod
- Zest from half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 1/2 cup Quebec strawberries, cut in big pieces
- 1 cup rhubarb, peeled and sliced
- Preheat the oven at 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder together. Add the butter and break it apart into small peas using a knife or your fingers.
- In a bowl, combine egg, milk, vanilla and lemon zest and rum then whisk. Create a small hole in the middle of the dried ingredients and add the mix.
- Combine together just enough to wet the dry ingredients. Add the strawberries and rhubarb, mix delicately then pour in a square Pyrex about 9×9 in size.
- Place in the middle of the oven and bake for about 45 to 50 minutes or until you poke it with a tooth pick and it comes out dry. Let cool down for about 5 minutes and eat like there is no tomorrow!