Squash and sweet potato puree with parmesan cheese
- Preparation 30 min
- Cooking 1 h 25 min
- Servings 4 to 6
- Freezing Absolutely
- 1 small butternut squash cut in four, seeds removed
- 1/2 buttercup squash, seeds removed
- Olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup 15% country-style cream
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Salt and ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- In a large baking sheet, place squash flesh up. Sprinkle with a good drizzle of olive oil, season with salt and pepper generously and place in the oven. Cook for 1 hour, until the flesh is very tender. Cool for 15 minutes, remove the flesh and chop finely. Set aside.
- In a saucepan filled with boiling salted water, cook the sweet potato for about 20 minutes or until it is ultra tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and add garlic. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring until garlic is lightly brown. Add the cream and stir. Keep warm.
- Add squash and sweet potatoes in a saucepan over medium heat followed by 1/3 of the cream mixture and puree with a potato masher. Add another 1/3 cup of cream and continue to mix and mash for 1 minute. Finish with the rest of the cream and puree until smooth.
- Add parmesan and nutmeg then cook, stirring for about 2 minutes, to melt the cheese. Serve with a stew, fish or your favorite roast!