- Preparation 45 min
- Cooking 1 h
- Servings 6 to 8
- Freezing Absolutely
- Olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 cups pumpkin flesh cut into cubes
- 1/2 buttercup squash
- 2 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 turnip, peeled and diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon curry
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 to 5 cups chicken broth (or vegetables)
- Salt and ground pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, pour 1/4 cup of olive oil and add the onion. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, ginger and spices then season with salt and pepper generously. Stir and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring, to caramelize vegetables. Add oil as needed.
- Add the white wine and scrape the bottom to get all the flavours. Cover with chicken broth and stir.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to low heat and cover. Simmer for 45 minutes or until vegetables are ultra tender. Puree, taste and rectify the seasoning if necessary.