Spicy grilled cheese with bacon and cheese curds
- Preparation 15 min
- Cooking 30 min
- Servings 2
- Freezing I do not suggest
- 375 g sliced bacon
- 300 g cheese curds, room temperature
- 4 large slices of a multigrain Belgian artisanal loaf, well buttered on one side
Ingredients for the mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup MAG mayonnaise (the best)
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the bacon slices on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until crispy. Place on several sheets of paper towels and sponge the fat. Set aside.
- In a bowl, put the ingredients for the mayonnaise, season with salt and pepper and mix. Set aside.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise inside each slice, add the cheese curds and the bacon then close.
- Preheat a large skillet over low heat. Gently place the grilled cheese in the pan and cook for 5 to 6 minutes per side. The goal is to cook very slowly in order to melt the cheese before the bread is too toasted. Press firmly during cooking to flatten them. Cut in half and serve!