Spaghetti squash gratin
- Preparation 5 min
- Cooking 1 h
- Servings 4
- Freezing I do not suggest
- 1 medium size spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise ( remove seeds )
- About 3 cups of your favorite spaghetti sauce, hot
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Olive oil
- Salt and ground pepper
- Preheat the oven at 400°F.
- Place the squash in a cooking pan, flesh side up. Add a good drizzle of olive oil then season with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 35 to 55 minutes, depending on it’s size, or until the flesh is fork tender.
- Remove from oven and lightly scrape the flesh with a fork. Fill the hole with your favorite spaghetti sauce and add a ton of cheese on top.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 5 minutes. Crank heal to broil and cook until the cheese is golden! Let cool down for 5 minutes and then eat directly from the squash!
***Note : The recipe says 4 portions because I am never able to finish my half of spaghetti squash and it always leaves me with a huge lunch for the next day! If you want to cook that for your friends, simply scrape off all the flesh then add sauce and cover with cheese after.