Smoked cheese cauliflower chowder
- Preparation 40 min
- Cooking 1 h
- Servings 4 to 6
- Freezing Absolutely
- 2 cups diced yellow potatoes
- 1 cauliflower, cut into medium florets
- Olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian spices
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 90 g Le Coup de Grâce beer and fennel sausage, cut into small cubes
- About 2 cups chicken broth
- 237 ml 15% country-style cream
- 200 g smoked Le Classique Fumé cheese WITH THE CRUST (fromagerie Bergeron), grated
- Finely chopped fresh chives, for serving
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Place the potatoes and cauliflower on the baking sheet and add a good drizzle of olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon Italian spice, season generously with salt and pepper and mix.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Stir halfway through cooking. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a large saucepan heated over medium heat, put the onion, garlic, sausage and add a good drizzle of olive oil. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the roasted vegetables, the rest of the Italian spices, cover with the chicken broth then season with salt and pepper generously. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the cream, cheese and mix. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes, to melt the cheese. Taste and adjust the seasoning! Garnish with chives and serve with a baguette.