- Preparation 45 min
- Cooking 40 min
- Servings 6 to 8
- Freezing Absolutely
Ingredients for the lasagna
- 13 lasagna
- 500 g shrimps 41-50 caliber, shelled and tails removed
- 500 g scallops 80-12 caliber
- Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 320 g Oka Artisan cheese, grated
- 320 g grated smoked Fontina cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper from the mill
Ingredients for the sauce
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth, hot
- 1 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian spices
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large saucepan filled with salted boiling water, cook the lasagna al dente according to package directions. Pour into a colander, rinse with cold water to stop the cooking and drain. Drizzle a thin dash of olive oil and toss gently to coat. Set aside.
- On several paper towels, put the seafood and press well to remove as much water as possible. Repeat 2-3 times if necessary. Set aside.
- Start the sauce. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the onion and garlic. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring.
- Add the flour, mix and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add milk and whisk to break up lumps. Add the chicken broth, Parmesan, Italian spices, nutmeg, season with salt and pepper and mix. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring, until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and reserve.
- In a large skillet over high heat, pour a thin drizzle of olive oil, add the seafood, garlic powder, season with salt and pepper and mix. Cook 3 to 4 minutes until the shrimps are pink. Pour into the sauce and mix.
- In a large bowl, add the cheese and mix.
- In a large lasagna baking dish, pour a small ladle of sauce into the bottom and spread. Add a row of lasagna, a few ladles of sauce and about 1/4 of the cheese. Add another row of lasagna, a few ladles of sauce and 1/4 of the cheese. Add a row of lasagna, a few ladles of sauce and add the last row of lasagna. Pour the rest of the sauce and bury with the rest of the cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook for 12 minutes. Set the oven to BROIL and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.