Quesadillas with shish taouk chicken and caramelized onion
- Preparation 20 min
- Cooking 45 min
- Servings 4 quesadillas
- Freezing Absolutely
- 2 sweet onions, halved then thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 shish taouk chicken breasts by Exceldor
- 300 g Pacific Rock cheese by Alexis de Portneuf, grated
- 8 small tortillas
- In a skillet over medium-low heat, add the onions, drizzle a good dash of olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring. The onions should not brown, lower the heat if necessary.
- Add the cider vinegar, mix and cook for 2 minutes to reduce dry. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the chicken breasts on the baking sheet, put in the oven and cook for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Place on a work surface and chop, but not too finely. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, place a tortilla and add 1/4 of the cheese, 1/4 of the chicken and 1/4 of the onions then top with a tortilla. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until the tortillas are golden brown. Press well during cooking and flip gently. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients, cut and serve!