Pork chops with Dijon mustard and Blonde de Chambly beer
- Preparation 10 min
- Refrigeration 3 h
- Cooking 10 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing Absolutely
- 8 pork chops with bones
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 Blonde de Chambly beer from Unibroue + 1/4 cup for basting
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard + 5 tablespoons for basting
- 2 tablespoons of ”Herbes salées du Bas-du-Fleuve”
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Ground pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- In a big ziploc bag or large airtight container, place the pork in the bottom then pour all the ingredients on top. Season with a lots of pepper then shake to combine like the world is about to end! Throw in frige for 3 hours, shaking from times to times.
- Preheat the BBQ at 500°F then reduce intensity at half.
- With an old but clean cloth, oil your ( freshly cleaned ) grill with a bit of vegetable oil.
- In a bowl, combine 5 tablespoons of Dijon mustard with 1/4 cup of beer. Use that to baste!
- Place the chops on the hot grill and cook for 3 minutes. Baste the meat and give them a 90° rotation ( in order to achieve some nice grill marks ) and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes. ( Close lid ).
- Flip chops over, baste and cook for 3 minutes. Give them a 90° rotation and cook 2 minutes. Flip over again, baste like crazy and cook for an instant, until cooked and slightly pink! Cooking time may vary depending on meat thickness.
- Garnish with green onions and serve with your favorite grilled veggies!