Poor man’s pudding with Sortilège liquor
- Preparation 15 min
- Cooking 50 min
- Servings 6
- Freezing Absolutely
Ingredients for the syrup
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 2/3 cup Sortilège Original liquor
Ingredients for the dough
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons Magic Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 egg, slightly whisked
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 splash Sortilège Original liquor
- Preheat the oven at 350°F.
- In a glass bowl, heat the syrup ingredients in the microwave 4 minutes at max temperature. Stir well and drop the syrup in a square Pyrex about 9×9 in size.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder together. Add the butter and break it apart into small peas using a knife or your fingers.
- Create a small hole in the middle of the ingredients and add the milk, the egg and the splash of Sortilège liquor.
- Mix together just enough to wet the dry ingredients. Drop the dough on top of the syrup, spoon by spoon, until all the syrup is covered.
- Put in the middle of the oven and bake for about 45 to 50 minutes or until you poke it with a tooth pick and it comes out dry. Let cool down for about 5 minutes and eat like there is no tomorrow!