- Preparation 40 min
- Cooking 20 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing Absolutely
- 750g skinless and boneless chicken thighs, cut in medium cubes
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, grated
- 4 drops toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon nuoc mam ( fish sauce )
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- *VERY IMPORTANT* 1 cup asian peanut sauce ( separate recipe )
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- Salt and ground pepper
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 200g sweet peas, prepared
- Handful fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- Handful unsalted and skinless peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Place the chicken in a big bowl and add the hoisin sauce, lime zest, sesame oil, nuoc mam, brown sugar, rice vinegar and white wine. Stir well and let marinate on the counter for 20-25 minutes.
- In a big wok or sauce pan, add the onion, coconut milk and chicken broth then bring to a boil. Lower heat slightly then add the peanut sauce, the peanut butter and sriracha sauce. Season with salt and pepper then stir well until smooth consistency.
- Add the chicken and cook while stirring often for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and cook for another 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is well cooked. Serve on your favorite rice then garnish with fresh parsley and peanuts!