One pot creamy chicken with olives and artichokes
- Preparation 15 min
- Cooking 25 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing Absolutely
- 800 g chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- Olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Laser lager beer by Dieu du Ciel microbrewery
- 237 ml 15% country-style cream
- 1 1/2 cup pitted giant olives
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 can (398 ml) artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- In a very large skillet over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and add half of the chicken. Sear 2 to 3 minutes per side for colour. Season with salt and pepper generously. Add oil as needed. Repeat with the rest of the chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add onion and garlic followed by a thin stream of olive oil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring.
- Deglaze with the beer and scrape the bottom to get all the flavours. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the cream, olives, juice and lemon zest, fresh thyme, season with salt and pepper then mix.
- Return the chicken to the pan, mix and continue cooking for 4 to 5 minutes to finish cooking the chicken.
- Add the artichoke hearts and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring gently. Serve on rice!