Mini quiches with ham and caramelized onions
- Preparation 15 min
- Cooking 50 min
- Servings 12
- Freezing Absolutely
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 227 g white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup smoked ham, diced
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F. Line a muffin pan with muffin cups.
- In a nonstick skillet heated over medium-low heat, place the onion and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring constantly. The onions should not brown, lower the heat if this is the case.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and mix. Cook for 2 minutes to reduce dry. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet heated over high heat, melt the butter and add the mushrooms. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring to remove water from the mushrooms. Continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes without stirring too much to allow them to brown well. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, put the rest of the ingredients as well as the onions and mushrooms, then season with salt and pepper. Let the baking powder foam for 2 minutes then whisk to combine well.
- Fill the muffin cups with the mixture and place in the oven. Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.