Mini meat loaves with apples and Italian sausages
- Preparation 30 min
- Cooking 25 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing Absolutely
- Olive oil
- 3 Paulared apples, peeled and cored, cut in big cubes (2 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in big cubes (1 cup)
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Meat from 6 mild Italian sausages (600g)
- 600g ground veal, lean
- 2 cups sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Salt and ground pepper
- Preheat the oven at 400°F.
- In a big pan at high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and cook the apples, zucchini, shallots and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in a plate and let cool down for 10 minutes.
- In a big bowl, add the apple mix along with the rest of the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper then mix well using your hands.
- Line a muffin baking tray with parchment baking cups and fill the holes with the meat mix. The recipe gives about 16 mini meat loaves. Place in the oven on a big sheet of aluminium paper (otherwise the fat will drip everywhere and you will test your smoking alarm) and cook for 20-25 minutes, until meat is cooked and nicely golden on top. Serve with a potato and carrot purée!