Mini flank steak skewers with Asian grapefruit sauce
- Preparation 30 min
- Refrigeration 1 h
- Cooking 10 min
- Servings 6 to 8
- Freezing Absolutely
- 1 kg plain flank steak, cut into short strips against the grain
- The juice of 2 fresh grapefruits
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced + a little for serving
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- In a large airtight dish, put the flank steak and set aside.
- In a large bowl, put the rest of the ingredients, season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Pour half the marinade over the meat and mix well. Close the dish and set aside in the fridge for 1 hour. Mix from time to time. Reserve the rest of the marinade in the fridge.
- Zigzag the meat on short skewers and set aside. Preheat the BBQ to maximum power and reduce to medium power. Oil the grates.
- Place the skewers on the heat and cook, 3 to 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Brush generously with the fresh marinade. You can also cook the skewers on a large cast-iron skillet. Garnish with green onions before eating.