Mediterranean kefta lamb burgers on grilled pita
- Preparation 45 min
- Cooking 12 min
- Servings 4
- Freezing I do not suggest
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 200 g feta cheese, cubed
- 2 pita breads, cut in half and opened
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- Romaine heart leaves
- Salt and pepper from the mill
Ingredients for the tzatziki
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup peeled and seeded cucumber, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add lamb, parsley, mint, onions, oregano and feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper and mix well with your hands. Form 4 patties and reserve in the fridge.
- In a bowl, add the ingredients for the tzatziki, season with salt and pepper and mix. Reserve in the fridge.
- Preheat the BBQ at maximum power. Oil the grates.
- Place the patties on the fire and cook for 3 minutes. Rotate 45 degrees and continue cooking for 3 minutes. Flip the patties and repeat. Cook 3 minutes, rotate 45 degrees and cook 3 minutes. Reserve on a plate.
- Add the pita bread on the heat and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, on one side only.
- Spread 2 tablespoons tzatziki sauce inside the pita then add a lamb patty. Garnish with romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers and alfalfa to taste!