Maple grilled duck breasts
- Preparation 15 min
- Refrigeration 24 h
- Cooking 15 min
- Servings 2
- Freezing Absolutely
- 2 duck breasts (about 250 g each)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- The juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- In a bowl, add the ingredients of the marinade and season with salt and pepper. Mix.
- Place the breasts in an airtight dish and pour half of the marinade over them. Close the dish, mix well and reserve in the fridge for 24 hours. Shake occasionally.
- Preheat the BBQ at maximum power. Close one side and place the duck on the grates, skin side down. Close the bbq lid and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Very important to always keep an eye on your duck, because the flames can go up and burn fast! Splash with the fresh marinade.
- Reduce the lit side to medium power and place the duck on them, flesh down, for grilling. Cook for 4 minutes and rotate 45 degrees. Continue cooking for 4 minutes or until 135°F for medium rare cooking. If there are too many flames, move the meat around. Remove from heat, put on a plate and cover with foil. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing thinly!